Back to Knowledgebase
Installing the Outlook Add-In
DocketCalendar for Outlook ("DCO") works through an Outlook Add-In, which you must download and install on each workstation where docket calculations will be performed.
The DCO Add-In is downloaded from the following link: http://tools.docketcalendar.com/outlook/setup.exe
To download and install it:
- Click on the link; or, if that does not work, copy and paste the link into your browser’s address bar and hit the Enter key.
This will cause your browser to begin downloading the DCO Add-In’s installation file, “setup.exe”.
2. Depending on the Internet browser you are using, do the following:
- If you are using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, click the Run button on the banner at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are using Google Chrome, double click on Setup.exe in the left bottom corner of your screen.
- If you are using Firefox, click on the Save File button on the box that appears on the screen.
If you do not see another box in the top right corner, click on the downward pointing arrow to the right of the address bar to display it.
Double click on the word “setup.exe" in the box to start installation of the Add-In.
If you receive an error message during installation, warning you that DocketCalendar for Outlook “is not trusted,” then you will need to add the web address of the computer where the setup file is located, “www.docketcalendar.com,” to your computer’s list of Trusted Sites. See Adding DCO to the List of Trusted Websites below.
- If you do not receive an error message, another box will appear on the screen, giving you the option to install the Add-In. Click the Install button.
After the setup program runs, another screen will appear, indicating that installation has been successful.
- Click the Close button on that screen.
The Add-In is now ready to use. For instructions on how to log in and use the Add-In for the first time, see Logging into the DCO Add-In.
Adding DCO to the List of Trusted Websites
To add the DCO Add-In to your computer’s list of trusted sites:
- Open the Internet Options screen on your computer.
In Windows 10, the fastest way is to type “Internet Options” in the search box on the Windows Taskbar, usually located at the bottom of your screen.
- If the Search Box is not displayed, clicking the Windows key should display it.
- On the Internet Options screen, click on the Security tab, then the Trusted Sites icon and finally the Sites button.
The Trusted sites list will be displayed.
3. Enter “http://www.crcrules.com” in the box and click the Add button.
Note: Make sure the “Require server. . .” checkbox is not checked.
- Click the Close button to bring you to the previous screen and then click the OK button to close the Internet Options screen.