Back to Knowledgebase
Creating Event Reports from the Use Rules Screen
Exporting events to Excel from the Use Rules screen takes place after you create and post events to Outlook calendars, but before you perform your next date calculation or close the User Rules screen.
To create an Event reports from the Use Rules screen:
- Open the DCO Add-In.
- Fill out the fields on the Use Rules screen and perform a date calculation using the selected Trigger.
- Click the Calculate Events button to display a list of the events related to the Trigger Event.
- Make any changes you want to the listed events, such as entering the name of a deponent or the subject of a motion or a hearing.
- Click the Add Checked Events button.
This step is necessary if you want the changes you made to the events on the screen to be exported to Excel.
- Before you start a new date calculation or close the Use Rules screen, click the Export Events button on the main menu.
- From the dropdown list, choose either Event Report or Event List, depending upon the type of report you want to export.
As soon as you click the button, the details on the Use Rules screen will be exported to an Excel spreadsheet, which will open immediately. You will see it in your Taskbar, represented by the Excel icon on an orange background.
- Click on the Excel icon to view the report.
- Adjust the width of the columns as by double clicking or dragging the top of the column.
- Save the Report to your file system.