Back to Knowledgebase
Updating Individual Events
Updating the Date, Attendees and Custom Text for an Individual Event
You can update the date of an individual event, add or remove the Attendees or change the custom text for that event.
Locate the Individual Event
Individual events are listed with the Trigger used to create them in the case record. There are two ways to locate the event:
- Follow the hyperlink in the body of the event on a Google calendar where it is posted—the quickest method.
- Find it in the event list for the Trigger used to create the event in the case record.
Locate an Event by Following its Hyperlink in the Google Calendar.
- Locate the event you wish to update in one of the Google calendars.
See, Finding events in the Google Calendar.
- Click the event’s shortcut on the calendar.
The calendar item will open, showing all of the details of the event.
- Click the blue hyperlink.
The hyperlink contains the unique id number for the event. Clicking on it will take you to the Update Event screen for the event, where you can update the event date, add or remove Attendees and change the event’s custom text.
Locate an Event in the Event List of the Related Trigger
To find an event in the case record, you must find the Trigger used to create it. The Trigger for an event is included in the body of the event on the Google calendar. Once you know the Trigger, follow these steps to display the Update Event screen:
- Locate the Trigger using the instructions set forth in Displaying the Trigger for Updating.
- Click the View button next to the Trigger.
The Trigger Events screen will be displayed.
- On the Trigger Events screen, find the event you wish to update.
To assist you in locating the event, you can:
- Sort the list by date in ascending or descending (reverse chronological order).
- Sort the list by event name in ascending or descending alphabetical order.
- Sort the list by Trigger in ascending or descending order.
- When you find the event, click on its Edit button.
The Update Event screen will appear, where you can change the event date, add or remove Attendees or change the event’s custom text.
Update the Event
Change the Date of the Event
To change the date of the event:
- Click in the Event Date field to display the date control and choose the new date by clicking on the number of the day of the month.
- If the event is an appointment and you want to change the time, scroll up or down to find the time you want and click on it.
- If this is the only change you are making to the event, click Update Event at the bottom left side of the screen.
Change the Attendees
You can change who will receive meeting invitations that place events on their calendars by adding or removing attendees in the Event Attendees field: To add or remove an Attendee:
- Remove an existing Attendee by click on the “x” to the left of the Attendee’s name in the Trigger Attendees dropdown box.
- Add new Attendees by selecting one or more names from the dropdown list.
- If you are done making changes, click Update Event at the bottom left side of the screen.
Change Event Custom Text
To change the Event Custom Text field, add text to the field or edit any text that may already be there. When you are done, click Update Event at the bottom left side of the screen.
Confirm Your Changes
To confirm that changes, click the Update Event button at the bottom left of the screen. The update will make changes to the event as it appears on the applicable Google calendars.
Remove (Archive) Triggers and Events