Back to Knowledgebase
Sharing Outlook Calendars
This topic shows you how to share an Outlook calendar, including a calendar designated as your firmwide calendar.
When a staff member uses the DCO Add-In to perform date calculations, the events cannot be posted directly on the firmwide calendar, unless it has been shared with that staff member. Similarly, a staff member performing docketing tasks cannot access a staff member's Outlook calendar until it has been shared with the staff member.
See also, How to Display a Shared Calendar in Your Outlook Account, covering the need for a sharing invitation to be accepted.
To share an Outlook Calendar:
- Log into the Outlook account where the Outlook calendar was created.
- On the the Outlook calendars panel, select the Calendar you wish to share from the menu.
- From the Manage Calendars section of the main menu at the top of the screen, select Share Calendar.
- Select the name of the firmwide calendar or other calendar you wish to share.
In Outlook 2016 and later, the Calendar Properties screen will appear with the Permissions tab displayed.
The names of any firm members with whom the calendar has already been shared will be listed.
5. To add staff members to receive sharing rights that are not already in the list:
- Click the Add button on the Permissions screen to display the Add Users screen.
- If the staff member is not present in the list, start typing the name of the person until you see the name in the list.
- When you see the name, either double click on it or select it and click the Add button at the bottom of the Add User screen.
The selected name will appear in the box next to the Add button.
- Click the OK button when you are done.
The selected staff members will now appear in the list; the Calendar Properties screen will remain open.
- Click on a staff member in the list.
You will see their current sharing rights.
- Click the Delegate button.
Repeat the process for each staff member who needs to share the calendar.
- Click OK when you are done.
An email from the account holders email account will be sent to the staff members, inviting them to share the firmwide calendar.
Note: Before a staff member will be able to see the shared firmwide calendar in the Shared Calendars section of their Calendar page, they must either "accept" the invitation or manually add the shared calendar to their Shared Calendar list.