Back to Knowledgebase
How Outlook Categories Are Used by DCO
DCO makes can make use of Outlook Categories to identify groups of DCO events created during rules calculation. One Category--the Default DCO Category--is automatically applied to every event that is created. Because of limitations in the way Outlook implements Categories, Categories assigned to events during rule calculations will only be applied to events placed on the Calendar Folder--the Calendar we ask you to use for your firmwide calendar--not to events on the Outlook Calendars of "Attendees" whose calendars are populated through Outlook meeting invitations. Furthermore, before a staff member who did not perform the original rules calculation can view the Categories assigned to events on the Calendar Folder, the same Categories must be added to that staff member's Outlook Calendar.
In DCO, once applied, Categories can be used in the following contexts, covered by other articles:
- Finding DCO Events Using the Instant Search. If Categories have been applied, they can be used in the Instant Search to locate groups of events on the Calendar Folder. One of these Categories
- Identifying Events for DCO Reports. One or more Categories can be included in an Outlook View used to generate DCO Reports.
Configuring Outlook Categories for Use by DCO
To use Outlook Categories with DCO, the Outlook Calendar of every staff member who will have access to the Calendar Folder must have the same list of Categories in their Outlook account. Start by creating Categories in the Outlook account whose default calendar will be used for the Calendar Folder--the calendar we recommend you use as the firmwide calendar. Make sure you add the Category "Z CRO" you will use as your default Category when configuring Appointment Options. After creating the list of Categories, create the same Categories in the calendar of each staff member who will be performing date calculations on their workstation using the DCO Add-In. In each case, the process is the same.
To create a category for Outlook appointments:
- Log into the Outlook account of the user whose Category list will be updated with the list of Categories--starting with the firmwide calendar account and then other staff members.
Even if you have been granted the highest sharing rights to another Outlook user's Outlook calendar, you will not be able to add Categories to that user's calendar without logging into their individual account.
- Open the account's calendar page, if it is not already open.
- Display the calendar, if it is not already visible, by clicking on the name of the calendar in the calendar panel. This calendar will always have the name "Calendar".
- Click on the name of the calendar to select it.
The name "Calendar" will appear on the bar at the top of the calendar. If you are sharing the calendars of other staff members, make sure you select this calendar rather than any of the others.
- Open an appointment screen by double-clicking on an existing appointment, or a blank calendar cell.
The existing or blank appointment will open on the screen.
- On the Tags section of the ribbon menu, click the Categorize dropdown arrow and then click All Categories in the dropdown list.
The Color Categories screen will appear.
- To create a new category:
- Click the New button to display the Add New Category screen.
- Enter a name for the Category in the Name field.
- Click the Color dropdown arrow and select a color for the Category or the accept the color already present in the color field.
- Click the OK button when you are done.
The new Category will appear in the list.
- Click OK when you are done.
- Restart DCO Add-In and the new Categories will appear in the Categories dropdown list.
- To rename a Category:
- Open the Color Categories screen as described above.
- Click the checkbox next to the Category you wish to change.
The name of the checked Category will be highlighted.
- Make changes to the name by typing over the highlighted text.
- Optionally, change the color of the Category by choosing a different color from the Color dropdown panel.
- Click OK when you are done.
The Color Category screen will close. The name of the Category will be changed.
How to Change the Default DCO Category
When you install DCO, a default Outlook Category will have already been selected on the Appointment Options screens of the DCO Add-In. If the selected Category is not “Z CRO”, you will need to change it.
To Select the Default Category in Appointment Options:
- Open the Outlook account of the staff member whose options you will be updating.
- Following the instructions in the previous section, create a Category called “Z CRO” and choose a color for it.
This Category will be automatically applied to every event and deadline created by CRO.
- Open the DCO Add-In.
- Open the Appointment Options screen.
- Click the dropdown arrow to display the list of Categories and select the Z CRO Category.
- Click the Save button at the top of the Appointment Options screen when you are done.
The selected Category will now be applied to every DCO event and deadline that is created.